Youth Ambassador Program
The Youth Ambassador Program run by the MECC is designed to open a direct link from the MECC and the opportunities available to the Arts students of the Mackay region.
The MECC team believes in the value of Arts education and is striving to support students, teachers and schools in their delivery of quality Arts curriculum and programs. The MECC has developed this program to allow students, teachers and schools easier access to available opportunities, such as grant monies, traineeships and workshops, which supports regional Arts students in receiving quality and authentic experiences with professional artists and Arts organisations.
Budding drama performers, singers, dancers, sound designers, lighting technicians, curators, producers, or simply attentive audience members are invited to apply to be part of this engaging program. Applications are currently open, and students are welcome to apply by completing the nomination form on our website.
- Be enrolled in grade 10-12, with preference to grade 11-12 students
- Must have parental permission
- Must be able to attend regular workshops, meetings or training sessions (approximately once a month)
- Be willing to positively advocate the MECC and its programs and performances, including but not limited public speaking opportunities
- Have the support of one teacher at your school who will liaise with the MECC Engagement Officer
- This is a voluntary position.
By being part of the MECC YA programs our YA’s will have the opportunity to enjoy special access to Arts events with like-minded peers, while gaining the opportunity to get hands-on experience in performing arts, technical productions, and media and marketing. By being a MECC YA you will benefit from gaining an unique insight into the workings of the theatre and its productions while having behind the scenes access to performances workshops.
Applications open from Term 4 in the year before the program starts.
Want to have a chat with someone about the Youth Ambassador program? Email email@example.com or (+61)7 4961 9777.