Rock Paper Scissors Art & Design Market
ROCK PAPER SCISSORS CANCELLED FOR 2020
Council has made the tough decision to cancel three of our region’s most popular events in 2020.
The Mackay Festival of Arts, Global Grooves and the Rock Paper Scissors Arts and Design Market will not go ahead this year.
Mayor Greg Williamson said there was no safe way to hold these major festivals while still enforcing social distancing.
“While it has been great to see some restrictions being lifted across the state and nation, we can’t hold events with thousands of people and ensure the 1.5 metre social distancing requirement,” Cr Williamson said.
This event is a unique curated market features indie design, art and craft stalls, local live music and performances by local entertainers.
There will be something for everyone, from craft items to affordable artisan jewellery and fine art prints.
Foodspace Cafe will also be open, providing visitors with a relaxing place to grab a bite to eat or a coffee.
The afternoon event will be held in the green spaces of the Civic Precinct, behind Artspace Mackay. It is held by Mackay Regional Council.
For up-to-date information on the event please like and follow us on Facebook.
Stall holders will be notified if successful after the closing date. You will be issued with a receipt as proof of payment. This receipt will be sent to the postal address indicated on your application form.
Terms and conditions for stallholders
The following conditions have been implemented to present a quality event and service for the benefit of the community and our stallholders and food vendors. Should you require any assistance in meeting any of the following criteria, please contact the Festivals team on 4961 9700.
- If vehicle access is required to unload large quantities or items for your stall, please request this prior to market day. ALL CARS ARE TO BE REMOVED PRIOR TO EVENT START.
- All market stallholders must hold a current public liability insurance policy with a minimum cover required for their specific products or services, or make contact with the Festivals Team regarding possibility of inclusion under RPS market policy.
- All market stallholders must supply their own marquee (where applicable) and materials.
- Equipment to secure marquees must be supplied by the food vendor or market stallholder (eg. Sand bags, weights etc.)
- Market stallholders are responsible for the bulk rubbish removal from their allocated site area
- cleaning labour fees will be charged to the food vendor or market stallholder upon leaving rubbish on site.
- Market stallholders are liable for restoration claims for any damage they may cause to the site areas.
- Failure to comply with all conditions may lead to withdrawal of your site.
- Market stallholders may be filmed or photographed during the event and agree for footage and images to be used for promotional use by Mackay Regional Council.
- Applicants will be notified if successful after the closing date