Calling on all artists, graphic designers, freelance creators, hobbyists, beginners, and everyone in between!
This year we have launched the newest edition to the Mackay Festival of Arts, the design competition!
Join in on the fun and design the very first iconic design to feature as the front page of the Mackay Festival of Arts 2024 Program. This artwork will be the face of the festival and will be showcased around the wider Mackay Region in all shapes and sizes!
The winner of the competition will receive 2 x VIP tickets to the official program launch event and a $1,000 cash prize.
The nitty gritty....
We are looking for the first design of the competitions inception to represent the festival theme for 2024 “Festival Fever” and how that resonates with you.
Upon submitting your design/s, we will have a panel of judges who will shortlist the finalists. Once announced, the designs will land on the Mackay Festivals Facebook page where our community will select the winner.
Our panel of judges encourage you to get creative and share your passion through your designs reflecting your interpretation of this theme. Don’t be afraid to be bold and bring the colours to life.
Requirements of your design:
- Firstly, there is no resume criteria for you as an artist or hobbyist!
- The winning design will need to be versatile to be used in the following forms:
- Size variations – A3, A4, A5 etc
- Colour or monochrome
- Selective elements able to be key components showcased across marketing collateral
- The Mackay Festival of Arts program headline will need to be overlayed onto your design along with possible funding logos - keep this in mind when you are designing your piece.
- If you use any images you haven’t created yourself, you must own the copyright of the images or have permission to use them.
- The design must be submitted in digital format only in either PDF, EPS or JPEG.
To enter the competition, please complete the application below and upload your artwork image file/s.
All fields of the application MUST be completed or the submission will be denied.
Applications close: Sunday, December 3, 2023.
Please ensure you read the Terms and Conditions before entering the competition.
Other required forms:
The Festivals and Events Team will contact each applicant once all submissions have been reviewed by the judging panel on December 6, 2023. Should you have any queries, please contact the team on 07 4961 9777.