Mackay Entertainment and Convention Centre's Facebook page exists to provide information on MECC initiatives, facilities, events and programs. It is managed by the MECC Marketing Team.
We consider this as an important tool for the MECC to actively engage with our community, providing a place for discussion and an active exchange of ideas.
We endeavour to reply, where possible, within a few days, but should you have a formal request or enquiry, we encourage you contact the MECC on 4961 9777.
Operating guidelines of our Facebook page
We support the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities (www.facebook.com/terms.php)and related Facebook policies, and we request that visitors to our page to do the same.
Your comments are welcome and we do not discriminate against any views. We do moderate postings, where needed and ask that you do not post comments that are likely to:
- Harass, abuse or threaten other visitors to the site Offend others, particularly in reference to an individual's race, age, gender, sexuality, political leaning, religion or disability.
- We ask you do not use obscene or offensive language
- Do not post repeat comments continuously
- Do not promote anything that may constitute spam, such as commercial interests, solicitations, advertisements or endorsements of any non-governmental agency.
- If you don't adhere to the above, we will moderate and potentially remove your comment. We want everyone to enjoy using our Facebook page and look forward to engaging with you.
Privacy collection notice
Your profile name from Facebook is collected by the MECC for the purposes of addressing your enquiry and maintaining a record of correspondence. No other personal information is collected by the MECC from Facebook.
Depending on your Facebook profile privacy settings, by participating on the MECC's Facebook page you may be making your information accessible to people or organisations that access Facebook overseas.