FREE event – Saturday 17 August 2019 - 10am to 5pm
Celebrate the wonders of science and technology with Queensland Museum and BHP as they return with a new and exciting format for National Science Week.
This FREE community day is spread across indoor and outdoor zones of fun where inquisitive minds will unearth drones, robotics, megafauna, fossils, virtual reality and more.
Chat to Museum experts and BHP geologists about the amazing discoveries from right here in central Queensland.
Delve into an exciting array of interactive demonstrations, hands-on workshops, exhibition and expert talks.
This is a great day of exploration for the whole family
- Grab your tools and get ready to help Queensland Museum experts look for evidence of long-gone creatures in the Fossil Finders zone.
- Join a STEM Punks workshop and learn coding for drones.
- Explore the history of central Queensland megafauna.
- Learn to create virtual and augmented reality applications.
- Play STEM Galaxy’s Go Extinct! game and learn about extinct animals and evolution.
- Join Young Engineers Brisbane’s LEGO robotics workshop.
- Create palaeontology origami to take home or get creative in the Maker Space.
- Be inspired by ‘The Life of a scientist’ talks.
- Learn about geology and how volcanoes work with Active Earth.
- Meet our roving singing Palaeontologist Dr Flint.
Plus more arts, science and technology activities organised by local and national partners.
Full program details to be announced soon.
Great for all ages and entry is free.